Wednesday, January 13, 2010

the concept: the beginning: THE FAMILY

This may be the most boring of the blogs, however, its important to know how, who, why, so that the following entries make sense.


I may be 1 of a million just like myself, however, whenever I get together with my friends and tell a story or two about my day, I often get " you should write a book". So this is my alternative...a blog.


ACCIDENTAL - adjective

happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected




HOUSEWIFE - noun

a woman who manages her own household; especially as her principal occupation






OK, now that you know the who, lets skip to the how.






I had a carreer; lucrative, stable (at least I thought some at one point), and I enjoyed what I did for a living. I have a husband (10 years), three children. One unplanned, two planned. I had everything I wanted.... Well, almost.



So what happened? What happened to turn working mom of three, to "accidental housewife??" how does one because a housewife, or maybe more "PC" - Homemaker?



A series of events, that, when and because all happened in tandom, altered my life.


1. On September 12, 2008 - I peed on a stick...and a plus sign appeared...much to my horror. (picture Marlon Brando yelling "STELLA" in a "A Streetcar Named Desire") It was in that tone that I lifted my hands to God and shouted "NO, NO, Please Lord...NOOOOOOO".

(you see, my family planning included a birth control device that was supposedly 99.9% effective...more effective that any male or female surgical procedure)


2. While on Maternity leave, I recieved a call that I was no longer to be employed at the place where I spent the better part of my adult life...the place where I left my children as "latch-key" kids for. (ok, I am being dramatic..and perhaps seeking sympathy..I had no intentions of going back to work...for reasons pertaining to both my family AND that particular job)


3. My dear husband, who was perfectly satisfied letting me be the bread winner of the family while he hum drummed to and fro his job everyday, busted out as a selling superstar and began bringing home the bacon!


NOW, skip to the "now". Here is what my family looks like today


DAVID - 39, Banking, Father of 4

down to earth, laid back, works 50hrs week. Loves the Yankees, Green Bay Packers, smoking his cigar by the firepit, and it the object of his daughters' affections.


JENNIFER (me) - 35, Homemaker, Mother of 4

Does Laundry, washed floors, dishes. Looks forward to taking a shower. Stressed out. Maybe needs therapy.


MATTHEW - (son) 16, Student - 11th Grade

troublesome, handsome, into teenage angst; Likes sports and girls. Gives his parents heartburn. Loves the littlest of his sisters.


AVA (daughter) 9, Student, 4th Grade

Sweet, loving, "a pleaser". Stunning. Helps her parents whenever asked. Does OK in school, loves tennis and basketball. A little naive...one may sometimes say she should've been a blonde.


LIZA (daughter) 6, Student, 1st Grade

thinks she is 16. Smart. Funny. Bossy, tough. Also like to please...but on HER OWN terms. Often bullies Ava. Not afraid of Matt. Or anything. Says whats on her mind..lacking tact.


EMMA (daughter) 10 months,

High maintenance (her moms fault) Miracle baby; Loves being held...and being on the breast. Co-sleeps, the current method of birth control.


Additionally, there is Sadie the dog, who is somewhat neglected and seems to vomit a lot and grow weird things in her ears. Spooky, the cat who thinks he's a dog. loved by all.

Oliver, the cat, who comes and goes and really doesnt elicit one feeling or another. And lastly, Julz, the kitten, who is still finding her way in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment